1. On which constellation can we find the Crab Nebula?
2. Who discovered the Crab Nebula?
3. Which one of these astronomers mistook the Crab Nebula for a star cluster?
4. Why was the name 'Crab' selected for the Nebula?
Because it was in the constellation of the Crab
Earlier drawings by Lord Rosse resembled a crab
Because it was discovered in the Chinese year of the crab
5. When did the supernova explosion, that gave birth to the Crab Nebula occur?
6. The pulsar at the centre of the Crab Nebula was discovered by,
Hubble Space Telescope
Gemini North Telescope
Arecibo Radio Telescope
7. What is the Messier number assigned to the Crab Nebula?
8. What is the estimated size of the Crab Nebula?
2 light years
5 light years
10 light years
9. Crab Nebula can be observed,
With the naked eye
With 10x50 binoculars
Only by telescopes with 6" aperture or larger
10. What is the visual magnitude of the Crab Nebula?