1. Which of these has a similar surface appearance to planet Mercury?
Ganymede (Jupiter's largest moon)
2. Mercury's core occupies,
17 percent of its total volume
24 percent of its total volume
42 percent of its total volume
3. What is the largest crater on Mercury?
4. Pit-floor craters on Mercury,
Are a type of large impact craters
Formed from the collapse of magma chambers below the surface
Are circular in shape with a tall rim around them
5. The craters on Mercury are named after,
Scientists who contributed to the study of Mercury
Famous musicians, painters and authors
Ancient Greek goddesses
6. Which of these explains the origin of 'Weird Terrain' on the surface of Mercury?
Shock waves from a large impact on the opposite side of Mercury
Large volcanic eruptions due to Sun's gravity
Collapse of Mercury's crust due to rapid cooling
7. Which of these mountains is a surface feature on Mercury?
8. The inter-crater plains on Mercury,
Resemble lunar maria
Are the oldest visible surface
Have a volcanic origin
9. What surface feature on Mercury is named after famous Radio Telescopes?
10. Correct statement regarding Mercury's internal structure,
Core - Molten and rich in iron
Mantle - Consists mainly of iron
Crust - Has a thickness of 10 - 25 km