1. Correct statement about Planet Mercury
Not visible to the naked eye
The closest planet to the Sun
The hottest planet of the solar system
2. Planet mercury does not have
A magnetic field
3. Who discovered the slow rotation period of Planet Mercury?
4. Which of the following was used to discover Mercury's rotation period of 59 days?
Hubble space telescope
Arecibo radio telescope
5. When standing on the surface of Mercury, one solar day is equal to,
59 Earth days
115 Earth days
176 Earth days
6. What is the CORRECT relationship between the Mercury's rotation and orbital periods?
Rotation = 1/6 orbital period
Rotation = 1/3 orbital period
Rotation = 2/3 orbital period
7. Which of the following is NOT a feature found on Mercury?
8. Which of these space missions was sent to Mercury?
9. What is the correct statement about Mercury transits?
They are less frequent than Venus transits
Next Mercury transit is expected on 2016
Nicolas Copernicus was the first astronomer to record a transit
10. The WRONG statement about observing Mercury
At its brightest, Mercury outshines Sirius
Mercury does not show retrograde motion
Like our moon, it exhibits phases