1. How old is the Moon?
4.6 billion years
2.6 billion years
900 million years
2. The Moon's mass is about,
1/8 of Earth's mass
1/20 of Earth's mass
1/50 of Earth's mass
3. A person weighing 60kg on the Earth would weight,
10 kg on the Moon
15 kg on the Moon
60 kg on the Moon
4. How long is the lunar day (from sunrise to the next sunrise)?
5. Which percent of the surface area of the Moon visible is to the Earth?
6. Which of these statements about the Moon's atmosphere are TRUE?
Moon has a thin atmosphere with few clouds
Moon has a thin atmosphere but no clouds
Moon has no atmosphere
7. The surface layger of the Moon is called,
8. Compared to earthquakes, 'moonquakes',
Are million times weaker
Have the same intensity
Are stronger than earthquakes
9. How many people have walked on the moon?
10. A lunar month (a complete cycle of phases from new moon to the subsequent new moon) is longer than the orbital period because,
The moon travels in an elliptical orbit
The Earth moves
along its orbit
The Moon slow rotation on its axis