1. What is the average distance to the Moon?
0.363 million kilometers
3.63 million kilometers
36.3 million kilometers
2. What is the diameter of the Moon?
3. The Moon orbits around the Earth at a speed of,
490 km per hour
1730 km per hour
3680 km per hour
4. How long does the Moon take to complete one orbit?
27 days 7 hours
29 days 18 hours
31 days 8 hours
5. When observed from the Earth, we can see 59 percent of the Moon's surface. What is this called?
6. The Moon keeps the same side towards the Earth throughout its orbit. This is called,
7. What is the inclination of the Moon's orbital plane to that of ecliptic?
8. How much is the axial tilt of the Moon to its orbit?
There is no axial tilt
9. The 'Supermoon' is 12 percent larger than the average Moon. It occurs when full moon occurs at,
10. Which of these statements is TRUE regarding Moon's orbital motion?
Moon slowly moves towards the Earth
Moon slowly moves away from the Earth
The distance to the Moon remains unchanged