1. Pleiades star clusters is,
A globular star cluster
An open star cluster
2. What is the Messier number of the Pleiades star cluster?
3. What is the average distance of the Pleiades star cluster?
425 light years
1620 light years
6100 light years
4. How many stars have been observed in the Pleiades star cluster?
5. Pleiades star cluster can be best observed with,
The naked eye
A pair of binoculars
A telescope at high magnification
6. What is the brightest star of the Pleiades cluster?
7. What is the estimated age of the Pleiades star cluster?
100 million years
3.5 billion years
11 billion years
8. The nebula seen in the Pleiades star cluster is,
A dark nebula
An emission nebula
A reflection nebula
9. What is the relationship between the background nebula (Maia nebula) and Pleiades cluster?
Nebula is the remnent of the dust cloud that gave birth to Pleiades
Pleiades cluster is just passing through the nebula
Nebula is located thousands of light years behind Pleiades
10. Majority of the Pleiades stars belong to,
Spectral class O
Spectral class B
Spectral class G