1. What is the correct alignment during a solar eclipse?
Sun, moon, earth
Sun, earth, moon
Moon, sun, earth
2. What is the maximum number of solar eclipses that can occur during a calender year?
3. What is the minimum number of solar eclipses that can occur during a calender year?
4. Total solar eclipses occur due to a unique feature common to both the sun and the moon. What is this feature?
Same equatorial diameter
Same angular diameter
Same distance from earth
5. During a solar eclipse, an observer on the moon, looking at the earth would see,
The sun completely covered by the earth
Earth completely covered by moon's shadow
Earth partially covered by moon's shadow
6. Solar eclipses always occur on,
7. What is the average duration of 'totality' in a total solar eclipse?
10 – 20 seconds
2 – 3 minutes
1 – 2 hours
8. In which type of solar eclipse can the 'diamond ring' effect occur?
Partial solar eclipse
Total solar eclipse
Annular solar eclipse
9. The same pattern of solar eclipses will repeat every 18 years 11 days 8 hours. This is known as the,
10. How often will the same solar eclipse occur at the same place on earth?
18 years 11 days 8 hours.
54 years and 1 month
364 years 12 days