1. Who was the first astronomer to use an optical telescope?
2. The primary mirror or lens that gathers and focuses light is called,
3. Catadioptic telescopes use,
Both lenses and mirrors
4. The eye piece of the Galilean Telescope uses,
A lens system
A convex lens
A concave lens
5. What was Johannes Kepler's contribution to optical telescopes?
The correction lens
The astronomical telescope
The primary mirror replacing the lens
6. Who was the first to suggest a practical design for a reflecting telescope, in the publication Optica Promota?
7. Which of these improves the angular resolution of a telescope?
Increasing the magnification
Increasing the diameter of primary mirror or lens
Increasing the focal length of the eye piece
8. What is the f-number of a telescope?
The ratio between focal length and aperture of primary mirror/lens
The maximum magnification of a telescope
The identification number of the telescope manufacturer
9. The light gathering power of an optical telescope is related to,
The focal lengh of the primary mirror or lens
The square of the aperture
The ratio of the focal lengths
10. Adaptive optics in optical telesocpes is used,
To track moving objects with a telescope
To reduce atmospheric distortion of light
To reduce the cost of building a telescope